This lesson will review how to add Personalized Review Assignments for students during Online Testing. PRA's are resources tied to standards or skills aligned within the questions administered in an assessment. When a student completes the assessment, they automatically are assigned resources to review, remiate, or enrich such skills immediately.
PRAs are an option for Flexible and NEW Item Bank assessments only. Manual/Hybrid and Legacy Item Bank assessments may not use this feature at this time.
Before You Get Started
Please make sure to have:
- At least 1 Flexible or NEW Item Bank Assessment available
- Permission to administer assessments online
- Standards aligned to at least 1 question on the assessment
- Select Assessments.
- Choose View Assessments to search for a Flexible or NEW Item Bank Assessment.
- Click on the title of the assessment to begin.
- Enter the Resource URL or link to a material you want to use, or
- Choose a Resource Bank to search and find resources.
- If you select a resource from one of the banks, options to have the activity Open in a New Window can be enabled.
- You can also set a Recommended Viewing Time that will default to a video length if video resources are attached.
- You can also +Add Activity Parts to this resource.
- Need to remove this resource and start over? Select the trash can icon to delete or remove.
- Select Save & Close to attach the resource and return to the standards.
- Once a resource is selected, it will be attached to the standard.
- To edit or change the resource, select Edit.
- Continue adding resources as appropriate for standards.
- You have the option to choose a Challenge Activity for students who master or score 100% on the assessment.
- Chosen activities or resources are not tied to standards, but rather assigned to students to provide Enrichment, following an assessment
- Attach resources or activities the same as above
- You can also +Add an Activity for all students regardless of assessment scores, that will be assigned a Resource, Multiple Choice, or Constructed Response activity.
- Close the tab or window to return to the Illuminate Assessment.
- However you administer the assessment, once students scores are complete and graded, they can access their assigned PRAs using the Student Portal.
Visit Online Testing for Teachers for administration options in your classroom.
Ready to see your students PRA data and feedback? Visit Review Personalized Review Assignments (PRA) Class Activity to get started!