As students complete activities, they receive a Star Score based on correct or incorrect responses, response time, and even confidence level. Here is how it all works!
- In Class Activity, a Score (%) graph will provide data on best attempt of stars earned.
How Does That Work Exactly?
Constructed Response & Resources
For Resources and Constructed Responses, the default stars are automatically enabled and can be edited.
If you choose the correct answer on your first try, you are awarded stars according to the confidence you expressed:
- "I'm totally sure": +5 stars
- "I think I'm right": +4 stars
- "I'm totally guessing": +3 stars
If you're incorrect on your first try, you will initially:
- Lose 2 stars if you chose "I'm Totally sure"
- Lose 1 star if you chose "I think I'm right"
- You do not lose any stars if you chose "I'm totally guessing"
If the question has 3 or more choices and you choose the correct answer on the second try, you earn 2 stars "back".
If the question has 3 or more choices and you choose the correct answer on the third try or later, or if the question has only 2 choices and you choose the correct answer on the second try, you earn 1 star "back".
So overall, the most you can earn is 5 stars, and the most you can lose is 1 star.
See what Student's see when they complete an assessment by visiting Advanced Options for Personalized Review Assignments (PRA).
Ready to review PRA results? Check out how PRA Class Activity and Student Results.