In this lesson you will review how to disable a user's Remote Authentication, typically from a single sign-on service usch as LDAP, SAML, or Google, and allows them to sign in using a local account, or username and password.
For temporarily teachers or users, we would advise creating them as a Local User, or from within your DnA/ISI/ISE User Management Tools. Whether the user comes over via Remote Authentication or you create them manually, please follow the instructions below:
Where to Start
- Visit Cog Wheel, then select User Management.
- Search and find the user to disable Remote Authentication for.
- In the Actions menu, select Edit User.
Bypass Remote Authentication
- Within Basic Information, you will review the selected user's profile.
- Enter in a new manual password the user can use.
- Confirm that new password.
- Set a Password Expiration Date of yesterday, to prompt the user to change to a password of their choice.
- Select YES for Bypass Remote Authentication.
- Select Save.
Sign in with Local
Now users can sign in choose how to sign in:
- Sign In using the manually updated username and password, or
- Sign with Local which will provide which local authentication tool being used such as LDAP, Google, etc.
Learn more about how to manage users by visiting User Management FAQ.