This lesson details how to create an answer sheet with a variety of options. These can then be scanned using Lightning Grader. Based on your answer key, you have the ability to format your questions as more than just multiple choice and constructed response questions.
The following lesson is for Manual/Hybrid Assessments only.
Where to Start
This lesson begins assuming you have completed steps 1-4 of a Manual/Hybrid assessment. Learn more by visiting Attach Materials to a Manual/Hybrid Assessment.
You can visit the assessment's Sheet Designer anytime by going to Setup < Sheet Designer (LiG).
- Click Change number of responses to update the number of responses for all questions. Default is 5 (A-E)
- Use the checkboxes to select multiple questions to update at once.
- Update the Question Label to match the test format (ex. 1a, 1b, etc.). There is a max of 3 characters per label.
- Response Options can be updated per item (Multiple Choice, Number Grid, Rubric, or Constructed Response). The options will display based on settings entered on the Answer Key.
- Responses are what will appear on the answer sheet.
- If mass updating using the checkboxes (Step 2) you can select to update the Labels or Responses.
- Click Alternate to have alternating answers across questions (ABCD, EFGH).
- Click Next to move on to the next step.
If Number Grid is selected as the Response Option, the assessment will no longer allow for Online Testing administrations. Number Grid is for paper only.
By default, Rubric or Constructed Response questions will be displayed as a rubric with bubble point values. To see samples of the Constructed Response options on an answer sheet, open the links below.
Once selected, you can choose how the background of the items on the answer sheets looks and the space it is:
- Blank Background
- Lined Background
- Gridded Background
Now that you've set your Sheet Designer, learn how to Share a Manual/Hybrid Assessment.