This lesson is to show you how to add question groups to an assessment. As an optional tool, Question Groups that are added and alignment to an assessment help to provide more in depth opportunities to determine student needs.
Before You Get Started
Before you start building, it is encouraged to:
- Have at least 1 Flexible or NEW Item Bank Assessment available
- Access to or ability to use standards in an assessment
- Be familiar with which standards desired to be aligned to the flex assessment
Add Existing Question Groups
Question Groups provide the ability to align a question to a group common theme or topic. For example, you can align questions 3 & 5 to Depth of Knowledge 2 or questions 1,3 & 5 as Constructed Response. You can even consider align them to groups called Life Science or Writing. The point is you can group them for more data analysis for an overall view of a group of questions with a common or shared theme.
When selecting question groups, you will:
- Click Question Groups to open your available list
- Use the Search to find Question Groups previously created.
- Select one or more Question Groups as needed to align to the item or question.
Create New Question Groups
- Can't find one you are looking for? Start typing your new Question Group and press Enter to save and add to your list.
- You will notice Save will highlight on your screen.
- Now you can select and align the new question group to your item.
- Once selected the Total Number of Question Groups with this item are noted.
Continue to Edit or Done
Continue editing and building the answer key, or select Done to be complete.