In this lesson, we will review how to configure and setup integration a Consortium for Google Classroom! This integration allows for Teachers to post DnA Assessments to Google Classroom for Students to access and take the assessment. It also allows for Teachers to pull assignments from Google Classroom into DnA Points-Based Gradebooks.
Before You Begin
Please make sure to:
- Connect with your organization's G Suite Admin, if you are not the G Suite Admin
- Only those with System Admin permissions can setup and configure the integration
- It is recommended to have Users and Students setup for Google SSO
- If not enabling Google SSO, User and Student Emails are required to be available data in DnA
Already have Google SSO setup and in use? Proceed to Step 2. If not, continue to Step 1.
In order for these integrations to functions, the student AND staff G Suite email addresses must be populated in DnA.
- These email addresses must match the individual’s G Suite email address
- Student emails must be populated the the email field on the student demographic page for each student
- Staff emails must be populated in the email field on the user management page for each user
To SSO or Not SSO... That is totally up to your organization. What DnA can say, is that the user and student experience is easier and faster with this integration with Google SSO enabled. Talk to your Customer Success Manager for details and support.
To best be prepared for this step, please have reviewed Google Classroom Integration Directions for Sys Admin to have set your API and retrieved the required files to later upload.
- Select the Administration Options or Gear Icon > Under Other, select Integrations.
- In the All Integrations tab, find Google Classroom Integration.
- Select the View button to begin.
- All the districts within your consortium will appear on the screen.
- A Yes or No will indicate if a district has been configured.
- To enable a district for Google Classroom, select Configure.
- To see specific directions on the JSON file from your G Suite Admin Center, select Click here to view the latest requirements and directions for this integration
- Under Enabled, select Yes.
- Enter the District E-Mail Domain for Students in the blank box. A sample of what can be expected is shown above.
- Attach the Google API JSON File when selecting Choose File.
- Select Add Integration to confirm the setup.
- Return to Google Classroom Integration to continue the process and setup other districts.
Search 2.0 is a great tool to quickly find student lists of various kinds. Widget help to quickly drill-down or refine the list from your natural visibility and quickly create custom reports.
With user and student email addresses coming in as part of your data, this option provides clarity on any gaps analysis for student emails that may be missing or unassigned.
- Visit Students > Search 2.0 or using Quick Search, type 'Search 2.0'.
Google Classroom WIdget
- Select if you want to see a list of students with or without District Email Addresses.
- Select Search to find a list.
This list can be helpful in finding students who are not enabled and ready for Google SSO. You can Make this a Report, but mostly this is for troubleshooting for the G Suite or System Admin.
Missing Widgets? No problem! Contact your Customer Success Manager or Support Specialists to enable widgets you'd like to have available to. Keep in mind only System Admin to your organization are able to request changes.
Now that you have set up the integration, learn more about the teacher tools available to your users by visiting Posting Assessments into Google Classroom and Import Google Classroom Assignments into a Points-Based Gradebook.