In the Itembank, passages can be created and linked to items/questions. If you choose to, you have the option to contribute your passage to the public item bank so that it can be accessible to all Illuminate Itembank users. This lesson shows you the steps to create a paired or triplet passage and associate it to a bank.
Where to Start
1. Click on Assessments.
2. Under Itembank, click Visit Itembank.
Create New Passage
- Click Create.
- Next, click New Passage.
- Select Next.
You can also visit the Items tab, and go to the My Passages sub-tab to create a passage.
- For Passage Type choose Passage Group (Paired/Triplet Passage). To add a single passage see the lesson Create a Passage.
- Click Teacher Instructions to type Teacher Instructions (e.g. Read the passage aloud to your students) if applicable.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Select the bank which contains the passages you want to link together in your passage group.
- Enter the title or text within the passage your are looking for, then click Search.
Passages must be published to appear in the list.
- Select the passages that you want to group together by clicking on the passage title. The passage will appear to the right.
- Click the Link Passage button to add the passage to the Linked Passages section.
- To remove any passages you do not want to link, click the minus (-).
- Click Save once you have linked your passages.
Now that you've chosen passages for your Passage Group, learn about the next step: Item Details.