In the Itembank, passages can be created and linked to items/questions. If you choose to, you have the option to contribute your passage to the public item bank so that it can be accessible to all Illuminate Itembank users. This lesson shows you the first steps to create a passage.
Where to Start
- Click Assessments.
- Under Itembank, click Visit Itembank.
Create New Passage
- Click Create.
- Next, click New Passage.
- Select Next.
You can also visit the Items tab, and go to the My Passages sub-tab to create a passage.
- Choose Passage Type - Single Passage.
- Type the Title of the Passage.
- Click Teacher Instructions to type instructions (e.g. Read the passage aloud to your students) if applicable.
- Click Save & Continue.
This lesson focuses on adding a single passage. See the lesson Create a Passage Group to link two or three passages together.
Complete Passage Section Information
- The Section Title and Teacher Instructions fields are not required, but you may choose to use these as additional attributes to your passage.
- Enter the passage in the space provided. You may copy and paste text, but please be aware that some original formatting may not appear. Use the tool palette for special formatting
- You may add additional sections by clicking Add Section. Click the red minus (-) in the Section box to remove the section.
- Click Save.
Now that you've created a Passage, learn about the next step: Item Details.