The DnA Itembank features tools to create items/questions, passages, and assessments. Assessments can be created using items from a community-driven public item bank, 3rd party item banks purchased by your district, items created by you, or a combination. This lesson provides you with an overview of the options available.
Before you Start
If this is your first time visiting the Itembank, you will be required to create an account. To create an account, visit Create a Legacy Item Bank Account.
Where to Start
- Click the Assessments tab.
- Select Visit Itembank.
The Create tab provides options to create a new assessment, new item, or new passage.
- Assessment (Standard Mode) allows you to create an itembank assessment by selecting items one by one based on selected standards.
- Assessment (Quick Mode) allows you to select the standards you want to assess, set some simple criteria for the assessment (i.e. how many questions) and it will auto generate a test for you using set standards and criteria.
- Item allows you to create your own test questions that can be later added to an itembank assessment. Items can be shared in the public item bank, district item banks, or kept in your own personal bank.
- Passage allows you to create passages that can be linked to items. Passages can be shared in the public item bank, district item banks, or kept in your own personal bank.
The My Assessments page contains a list of your assessments that have been published or unpublished. Published assessments are also made available in your List of Assessments in DnA. You can search quickly through assessments by Keyword at the top of your page.
- Create Assessment allows you to create an itembank assessment.
- The Title of each assessment allows you to view the details of that particular assessment. If the assessment has been published (as indicated in the Published column), editing options will not be available.
- Assessments may be duplicated clicking on the Duplicate link. This creates an editable copy in the Itembank assessment list (permission-based)
- Click the Lock icon, all items within the selected assessment will be not be available for users to use when creating their own assessments in the itembank. To unlock, select the Lock icon again. (permission-based)
- Click the Trash Can icon to delete an assessment.
The My Items page contain a list of published and unpublished items you have created.
- Create Item allows you to create an item.
- You can search for specific items by using the filters at the top of the page and clicking Search. Clear any previous search criteria by using Reset.
- The ID of each item allows you to view the specific item's details. If the item has been published (as indicated in the Published column), editing options will not be available.
- If your item has not been published yet, you may Edit your item. If you need to make changes to a published item, you will need to create a revision of that item.
- To duplicate this item, click on the paper icon.
- To delete your item, you can select the Trash Can icon.
- To lock an item from use, click on the lock icon.
Now that you have a basic overview of the Itembank module, learn how to create your own items in Legacy Item Bank Creation for Items & Passages.