LTI Integration is an interoperability platform by IMS Global. This is a way to connect with other programs and provide fluid data on Illuminate Assessments into other tools.
How LTI Works
It's important to understand how LTI works, and what it does and does not provide. Illuminate is an LTI tool provider, which means that LTI tool consumers - often SIS's or LMS's - can create Illuminate assessments as assignments within their systems. These assignments are then seen by students in the consumer platform, who can then open either an iFrame or a new tab, automatically signing them into Illuminate to take the assessments. A single, final score is passed back (LTI does not support standards-based scores).
There are several requirements for LTI to work:
- a tool consumer that supports LTI, which is set up with Illuminate credentials, and configured to pass back grades
- matching student and teacher email addresses in both the consumer and Illuminate
- a workflow that starts with the student clicking into the assignment from the consumer
This last requirement is important. For a grade to be pushed back to the consumer, the student must have first clicked into the Illuminate assessment from the consuming platform. As such, assessments taken by students who navigated directly into Illuminate cannot have their grades pushed over after the fact.
Where to Start
- Select Administration Options or the gear icon.
- Under Other, select LTI Integrations.
LTI Tool Credentials
- Select the platform you wish to integrate.
- Select the checkbox to confirm the agreement.
- Select Get LTI Credentials.
- Select Cancel to go back.
Retrieve Your Credentials
- Use the copy icon to copy the information onto your clipboard
- You can Generate a New Secret key if needed.
This is the information you will need to provide the selected tool consumer in order to complete the integration. We cannot provide support for all tool consumers as their instructions are subject to change without notice to us. Please contact your consumer if you need additional information on the set up process.
Teacher Tools & Support
Once your connection is set up, your teachers may start to link Illuminate assessments to the platform.