This document will review the extracts CALPADS expects for Fall 2 submission.
What Extracts are included in Fall 2?
What Date(s) do I run CALPADS Extracts for in Illuminate?
For Fall 2 certification, CALPADS is referencing Census Day. Many of our extract tools will allow the fill in option for snapshot date, but if not, fill in the start and end dates as Census Day.
Things to Know:
To avoid errors, it is important to submit the Course Section Enrollment (CRSE) file first, before submitting the Student Course Section Enrollment (SCSE) file.
- Tip: Review your Grading Period setup. If you have multiple final grading periods (common with secondary sites), ensure the Term Type for each final grading period is unique. Example: If you have 2 final grading periods, such as Semester 1 Final and Semester 2 Final, ensure the Semester 1 Final grading period is set to the First Semester term type and Semester 2 Final is set to Second Semester term type. See the Set Grading Periods help document for reference on creating/editing grading periods.
New fields have been made available to Course Details and Section Information pages in Illuminate:
- Sub-Content Area Code
- Departmentalized Course Standards
- Content Standards Alignment Code
- AP/IB Course Code Cross Reference
- English Learner Program
- Online Course Type
- Local Assignment Option Code
- Middle School Core Indicator (Y/N)
If you need assistance mass updating fields, please feel free to contact Illuminate Support for the template so our database team can update. Turnaround for these requests with our database team typically take about 2-3 weeks to process.
Flash 164: Postsecondary Status:
Illuminate is aware of the new changes and are in the process of creating the new extract and mapping out where the data will pull from in Illuminate. For now, in Illuminate, there is a field on the Demographics Page called Post Secondary Transition Status. This is an indication of whether or not a student with disabilities who is at least 17 years old is participating in a program to assist in the student's transition from school to adult life, including education and training, employment and independent living.
Here's what is recommended to prepare for this data collection:
- Mark the Post Secondary/Transition Status field as Yes for the students that will be identified this way.
When needing to update these later, you can build a custom report for the students who have that field marked as Yes, so that you have a narrowed list of students that will need the additional fields of data.
How do I know what codes/values CALPADS is expecting or what data should populate these extracts?
What is required in Illuminate for each extract?
Please reference the CALPADS Know-It-All help document for details on requirements/details on what is needed for data to pull into Illuminate's extracts/tools.