Issue: User receives the below warning message that Illuminate is "Unable to Set Session Cookie."
lluminate Education uses a session cookie to know when a user is in session and how much time until that session expires. This cookie is set https://auth.illuminateed.com.
For users of eduCLIMBER, SchoolCity SUITE or FastBridge products that are hosted on a different domain, your browser may consider the Illuminate session cookie as a “3rd Party Cookie”.
In some cases, the browser may block 3rd party cookies by default, or your district’s IT policy may block 3rd party cookies, or you may have chosen to block 3rd party cookies based on your preference.
In order to use your Illuminate Education products, you must either allow 3rd party cookies or whitelist the *.illuminateed.com domain.
Please follow the below steps for your specific browser:
- Click the menu icon in the upper right side of the browser window.
- Click Settings.
- Search for “Site Settings”, and click Site Settings in the results
- Click on Cookies
- In the Allow section, click the Add button
- In the field labeled Site, enter [.]illuminateed.com then click Add
- Close the Chrome Settings tab, refresh the illuminate login page and the problem is fixed.
- Click the menu icon
- Click Content Blocking
- Select either Standard option or Custom option
- If Custom option is selected, choose Third-party trackers in the Cookies field.
- Close the Content Blocking tab, refresh the illuminate login page and the problem is fixed.
- Click Safari in the menu bar
- Click Preferences...
- Click the Privacy panel
- In the Cookies and website data: option, turn off Block all cookies checkbox
- Close the Preferences window, refresh the illuminate login page and the problem is fixed.
* Note for older versions of Safari, please use these instructions on step 4: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/safari
- Click Tools button (gear icon)
- Click Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Click the Sites button
- In the Address of Website field, enter illuminateed.com and click Allow
- Click OK to close the Sites window
- Refresh the illuminate login page and the problem is fixed.
* Note for older versions of Internet Explorer, please see these instructions: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Click More in the top-right corner
- Click Settings
- Click View advanced settings
- Under Cookies, choose Don't block cookies.
- Restart Microsoft Edge
- Visit the illuminate login page and the problem is fixed.
For additional help on this topic, please contact Illuminate Education Support team.