This lesson provides answers to common questions related to Course Section Enrollment Tool for use in creating a CRSE upload to CALPADS.
What is CRSE?
CRSE refers to the Course Section Enrollment file providing classes active on Census Day as part of Fall 2.
Where to Start
- Click on Reports
- Under Admin, select State Reporting
- Once on the State Reporting Tools page, select CALPADS Course Section Enrollment (CRSE) Extract
Please note that the order seen on the above screenshot may be different than the order of reports, extracts, and tools available in your list.
CALPADS CRSE Overview
- Validation Logs: These are logs predicting potential errors with the CRSE submission. Disclaimer: Because of the potential for constant changes to CALPADS error codes and file specifications, there may be false positives in the Validation Logs. For best support in troubleshooting, it is advised to attempt your upload to CALPADS and review any error codes with CALPADS' system documentation.
- View as Standard Report: This option will let you run the report like you would any custom/prebuilt report in Illuminate.
- Start Date/End Date: When running for Fall 2 certification, it is advised to run this report with Census Day in both fields.
- Generate Report: Clicking this will run the tool to show data for the site, academic year, and dates entered.
- Download Options: The results can be downloaded as Excel, PDF, Tab Delimited, or More formats.
The CRSE file must be submitted to CALPADS before the SCSE file.
Downloading CRSE for CALPADS Submission
Once you've generated data, select More and then click on the radial option next to CALPADS for the appropriate format to submit and then click Download.
Things to Know
- Review your Grading Period setup. If you have multiple final grading periods (common with secondary sites), ensure the Term Type for each final grading period is unique.
- Example: If you have 2 final grading periods, such as Semester 1 Final and Semester 2 Final, ensure the Semester 1 Final grading period is set to the First Semester term type and Semester 2 Final is set to Second Semester term type. See the Set Grading Periods help document for reference on creating/editing grading periods.
- New fields have been made available to Course Details and Section Information pages in Illuminate:
- Sub-Content Area Code
- Departmentalized Course Standards
- Content Standards Alignment Code
- AP/IB Course Code Cross Reference
- English Learner Program
- Online Course Type
- Local Assignment Option Code
- Middle School Core Indicator (Y/N)
If you need assistance mass updating fields, please feel free to contact Illuminate Support for the template so our database team can update. Turnaround for these requests with our database team typically take about 2-3 weeks to process.
See Student Course Section Enrollment (SCSE) for the next Fall 2 file submission.