This lesson reviews how to create a NEW Item Bank Assessment. This provides a content bank of items and the ability to create your own items to build an assessment.
This feature is only available for those who have access to the NEW Item Bank. Contact your Customer Success Manager for details.
Where to Start
- Select Assessments.
- Select Create Assessment to see all of your assessment creation options
- Click to select Item Bank Assessment.
I don't see NEW?! This means you have the legacy Item Bank assessment tool. Please refer to Legacy Item Bank Assessments for guidance.
Create a New Assessment
- Type and enter a name for your assessment or Title.
- Select Create to begin.
Until published, this assessment is considered unpublished or a draft. If you were to return to your Illuminate account, you can find this assessment in View Assessments under Draft Item Bank Assessments.
Filter for Items
- Select Browse to search and find items or questions available to you from a variety of banks.
- Use Filters to refine the search of items by Standards, Item Type, and Depth of Knowledge.
- Click Edit Base Standards to update your standard selections.
- To edit what filters are available and what order they appear in, click the Gear icon.
You must select a standard to see available items. Standards are not automatically selected after choosing them from the Edit Base Standards screen.
- Click + Add Item to add the item to your assessment.
- Item Added will appear for all items that have been added to the assessment.
- Click Build to see the items added to the assessment. This will also show a running count of items on the assessment.
- The Assessment Summary will display the number of items added to the assessment. Clicking Assessment Summary will provide a breakdown of items on the assessment by Filters.
- When you have finished adding items to your assessment click Done.
- Click Publish to make your assessment available for testing. To continue working on the assessment later click Save Draft. To delete the assessment click Discard.