In this lesson, you will learn how to link DnA assessments to your eSchoolData account. If you are unsure if this is for you, contact your System Administrator.
How LTI Works
It's important to understand how LTI works, and what it does and does not provide. DnA is an LTI tool provider, which means that LTI tool consumers - including eSchoolData - can create DnA assessments as assignments within their systems. These assignments are then seen by students in eSchoolData, who can then open either an iFrame or a new tab, automatically signing them into DnA to take the assessments. A single, final score is passed back (LTI does not support standards-based scores).
There are several requirements for LTI to work:
- a tool consumer that supports LTI, which is set up with DnA credentials, and configured to pass back grades
- matching student and teacher email addresses in both the consumer and DnA
- a workflow that starts with the student clicking into the assignment from the consumer
This last requirement is important. For a grade to be pushed back to the consumer, the student must have first clicked into the DnA assessment from eSchoolData. As such, assessments taken by students who navigated directly into DnA cannot have their grades pushed over after the fact.
Where to Start
- Select Administration Options or the gear icon.
- Under Other, select LTI Integrations.
Online Testing Tools for your teachers have many opportunities to help students across your organization! Take a look at Online Testing for Teachers to see how to get started.