In this lesson, you will learn how to add Details to an item in the Legacy Item Bank. This is not a required step in item creation.
Where to Start
This lesson begins assuming you have completed created a question. Review the available item choices in Legacy Item Bank Creation for Items & Passages.
- Choose the bank where the item will be stored. The Public item bank is an DnA Education community-driven bank where items contained in that bank are accessible to any user. If you only want your item available to you, choose -None-. Districts may create their own banks to add to this list. Please contact our support team for assistance.
- Select the Language used in the item (i.e., English, Spanish, German, or French). The red asterisk (*) next to Language indicates this field is required. Mark No or Yes to Exclude Stem from displaying to students. For example, an item may contain a passage that should be read aloud by the test proctor but should not be included in the test booklet for students to view. The red asterisk (*) next to Exclude Stem indicates this field is required. Also required is the Response Language, as in what language the students should be responding in.
- If the item requires a specific layout format that should not be changed, pick the Layout Format for the item: 2 Column, 2 Column Table, Full Page, Distractors Side By Side, Distractors Horizontal 2 by 2, or Distractors Vertical 2 by 2.
- Insert a Page Break before or after the question if needed.
- You can enable student tools such as a Ruler or Calculator or add more specific item details like PARCC Claim or SBAC Claims and Targets. You can also Label items for easier searching. (ie Unit 5, Lit - Mark Twain Quiz)
- Upload a Reference Material for students to reference during testing. If a question needs something like a Periodic Table, Formula Sheet, etc. you can add this as an image file and students will be able to access it when answering the question in online testing.
- Click Save.
Now that you've added Details to your item, learn about the next step: Adding Standards to an Item.