In this lesson, you will learn how to link a passage to an item in the Legacy Item Bank. This is not a required step in the item creation process.
Where to Start
This lesson begins assuming you have completed steps 1-3 in creating an item. To learn more, visit Adding Standards to an Item.
If your item refers to a passage, you can search for existing passages in this step. If you would like to add a passage to the Itembank, see the Create a Passage article.
- Select the Bank to which the passage belongs.
- Enter the title or key words for a specific search.
- Click Search. Once you click Search from the Search for a Passage step, the results will be returned on your screen.
- Choose the correct passage in the search results by clicking on the title.
- A preview of the passage will appear to the right.
- Click Link Passage to associate the passage to your item. Once you link the passage, the title of the passage will appear in the Linked Passage area at the top of the page.
Now that you've linked a Passage to your item, move on to the next step View an Item.