In the Item Bank, assessments can be created with items/questions from the community-driven public item bank, 3rd party item banks purchased by the district, user-created items, or a combination of all three.
This lesson will show you how to Choose Standards when creating an Item Bank assessment.
Adding basic information, choosing standards, adding items, and publishing are required for an assessment that will be administered to students.
Where to Start
This lesson begins assuming you have completed Step 1. Learn more more by reviewing Provide Basic Information on a Standard Legacy Item Bank Assessment.
- Choose the standards set, subject, and the grade level for the standard(s) to which you will be aligning to your assessment. As you select the drop-down menus the standards will be automatically loaded on the page. To find a specific standard by key word or standard code, use the search box then click Search.
- You can click any arrow symbol to expand the strand or sub-strand and see the standards housed within.
- Select the standard(s) by clicking on the bolded name of the standard. A chain link symbol will appear when standard is linked. To unlink, click again to unselect.
You can continue adding and selecting as many standards as you need, to in the next step, review items for your test! You can also come back to this page after searching for specific items and add more as you need!
4. As you select standards, the number of standards selected and the standard codes will appear to the right of the page. The number of items will be 0 because you have selecting items from the bank, yet.
5. You may continue to select standards by changing your search options at the top of the page. Click Next.
If you build Assessments in the Item Bank often, you will see recent standards you've used under the standard dropdown menus, for quick addition to a search.
Now that you've added standards to your assessment, move on to the next step: Add Items to a Standard Legacy Item Bank Assessment.