In the Item Bank, assessments can be created with items/questions from the community-driven public item bank, 3rd party item banks purchased by the district, user-created items, or a combination of all three.
This lesson will show you how to Publish your Item Bank assessment.
Adding basic information, choosing standards, adding items, and publishing are required for an assessment that will be administered to students.
Where to Start
The lesson begins assuming you have completed Steps 1-5. Learning more by reviewing Create a Standard Legacy Item Bank Assessment (Step 5 - Format Assessment Booklet).
Publish Your Assessment
Publish is the final step of the itembank assessment creation process. Prior to publishing, if you would like to make changes to your assessment, go to the appropriate tab to make your edits.
When you are sure that your assessment is in final form and can be made available for administration, click Publish. Once an itembank assessment is published, it cannot be edited.
- Under Question Groups, Enable Question Groups bundle all items with a similar attribute. For example, you see that there are 4 questions or items that have the same Difficulty Level of Medium.
- If you were to select Enable Question Groups, that would turn on and provide data on how your students did on that question group or all medium leveled questions.
- Click to select each Question Group you want to enable, to be included when you Publish the assessment and send it to DnA for Administration.
- Ready to test your students? Click Publish and Administer! This will send the assessment into DnA for Online Testing with your students immediately.
- Publish will send to the test into DnA for when you are ready to administer to your students, found in Assessments > View Assessments.
- Additional resources and/or materials can be attached here in Add Material.
Can't decide on Question Groups or Materials? That's ok! Once published click on the Advanced tab in the Assessment Overview page and select Question Groups and Materials.
Return to Assessments Details
- Once your assessment has been published, you will be taken to the Basic Information tab which displays the Assessment Overview.
- Review Item Selections allows you to review the assessment, sections, and with permissions lock items from further use outside of this assessment.
- Prepare Test Booklet settings CAN be changed or edited for the booklet version of the assessment. Once you save or generate, the setting will automatically apply to the published assessment as well.
- Always Return to DnA to take you back to DnA to your list of assessments.
Remember, once published, the assessment can no longer be edited. You can add materials and review the assessment, even enable question groups, but you cannot add additional items.
Now that you've published your assessment, go back to DnA to Find an Assessment.