This lesson will guide you through setting the different Administration Setting options available for an online assessment. Options may vary by assessment type.
Where to Start
Online Testing - Administration Settings
Select Show to open Online Testing - Administration Settings. These settings allow you to customize when in the administration window this test is available as well as if this test requires a secure testing environment. You can also add an inline test booklet for hybrid or flexible assessments so the test booklet does not have to be printed out.
Time of Day Window:
- All Day: The assessment is available all day throughout the Testing Window Start and End Dates.
- Daily Window: The assessment is available for a certain window of time throughout the Testing Window Start and End Dates.
- Time Duration: Sets a time limit for the student assessment. Default value: 0.
- Student Pauses: Allows students to pause the assessment in progress for a quick break (e.g. restroom break, recess). Default value: 3.
CR Input Method (Constructed Response):
- Online Entry: Students will see a box to type their answers.
- Written: Disables online testing boxes so students cannot type their answers.
- Open: Students can access the assessment instantly.
- Password: Requires students to enter a password the first time students access the assessment. The password is not required if they continue the test in another testing session.
- Any Browser / Device: Students can access the assessment on any browser or device.
- Lockdown Browser Only: Students must access the assessment using a Lockdown Browser application installed on their devices. This prevents students from opening new tabs while logged into the assessment.
- Test Booklet (Hybrid and Flexible Assessments Only): Select the test booklet students need to see alongside their online bubble sheet.
Randomize Answer Choices (Itembank Assessments Only):
- Normal Choice Order: Displays the answer choices in the default order outlined by the answer key.
- Randomize Choice Order: Displays shuffled answer choices for each question. The question order remains the same based on the answer key.
Locked Browser Only is permission-based and will only be seen on the screen if enabled by a System Administrator. In order to use this feature, specific set up is required. To learn more about our Locked Browser, visit Enabling Locked Browsers for Online Testing.