This overview shows you the basics in what can be updated or changed after teachers have entered data into a Report Card.
Where to Start
- Go to Grades.
- Select Field Groups.
- Click Manage Fields next to the name of the Field Group.
- Click the Field you want to update.
Editing or Changing Fields Overview
When editing and revising fields, most areas can be changed at any time such as:
- Field Name
- Options such as Required, Show on Entry Screen, Overwritable By Teachers, Default Value to Previous Grading Period, Allow Printing of Current Value Only, and Value Scale.
- Category Name, if using categories
- Selected Assessments, Question Groups, or Standards that make up the category
- Selected settings for linking to the category
Settings that cannot be changed in a field once it has been created are the following:
- Field Type (1) cannot be changed. if a new field type is needed, create a new field. Delete the incorrect one.
- Category Type (2) cannot be changed. If a new category type is needed, remove the old category and add a new one.
Any fields removed or deleted and have been placed on the Report Card layout, will need to be remapped. In addition if data has been previously entered and the field has been removed or deleted, data entered will be erased and removed from the report card.
To learn more details about changing Fields that contain data, visit Manage Report Cards After Data Has Been Entered.