This lesson will give an overview of available Field Types for Elementary Report Cards.
Where to Start
- Click Grades.
- Under Report Card Administration.
- Select Field Groups.
- Select Manage Fields of a desired Field Group.
Field Type Overview
Field Types indicate how data is entered or populated. Depending on the Field Type, there may be additional settings and configurations in order for data to be display on the Report Card as needed. There are three families of Field Types:
Manual Entry, where the user manually enters data:
- Whole Number, a whole number value
- Decimal Number, any decimal mark or value
- Text for limited characters, one word, one line entries, one or more letters, numbers or characters
- Date, to be entered in the format of mm/dd/yyyy
- Boolean, for a Yes/No/True/False value option
- Free-entry Comments, is most common for Report Card comments which allow for hundreds of characters
Custom Manual Entry, where a previous setup piece has been completed and users will be given a drop-down or menu or choices available to enter in the field:
- Predefined Value, marks that come from the predefined value sets you created
- Predefined Comment, provides users with a drop down list of comments you have previously entered through Code Management
Pre-Populated Entry, where data comes from another source or place in Illuminate and is populated automatically on the report card for the student when applicable:
- Custom Report Value, will populate any value from a previously created custom report
- Assessment or Gradebook Score, where data has been linked to an assessment or teacher's gradebook
- Assessment Field, where data is tied to a specific field or area of an assessment's data such as "mastery" or "performance level"
If there is EVER a possibility you might use Illuminate's GradeBook you MUST use the field type Assessment or Gradebook Score.