This document will review the new ISBE Gifted and Accelerated file for Illinois state reporting.
What is Gifted and Accelerated?
Gifted and Accelerated is a new collection for SY 2020. Illinois districts must provide a Gifted and Accelerated record for each student in grades K-12 that ends the school year with them. Gifted and Accelerated records are unique by Home RCDT and school year.
The report will display data on students with student programs and sub programs.
For the Accelerated Placement (Mandatory)
- Please create student programs using one of the following codes:
- 00 Student not in accelerated program.
- 01 Student is accelerated for ELA Only.
- 02 Student is accelerated for Math Only.
- 03 Student is accelerated for Single Subject other than ELA/Math.
- 04 Student is accelerated for Multiple Subjects, but not for Whole Grade.
- Add Start Date for the student program (within the 2020 academic year). Note: No end date is needed, unless the student moves outside the site.
For the Gifted Test (mandatory):
- Add a sub program to the student program using one of the following codes:
- 01 Student tested as gifted.
- 02 Student tested as not-gifted.
- 03 Student was not tested (District does have an assessment for gifted).
- 04 Student was not tested (District does not have an assessment for gifted).