This lesson contains a summary of articles used for creating, editing and uploading a PLC (Professional Learning Community) Staff Group via the Manage Groups module.
- Access to the PLC Staff Groups tab is limited to School and District level users.
- Users with the Data Upload permission will be able to manage who can access the PLC Staff Group tab.
- The PLC Staff Group tab displays within the Manage Groups module.
PLC Staff Group tab visibility is depended on a user's Access Level. School level users will only see the groups that they have created or those created by school level users at their school site. Users with a District role can only see the groups created by themselves and/or by district level users within the district.
Users with permission to view the PLC Staff Groups tab will have permission to access all of the functions available.
- Within the PLC Staff Group screen, users will see a green "Create Group" button. Clicking this button will take users to the Create New PLC Staff Group screen.
- Note, you must select at least one course and click the Refresh button in order to view a list of staff users. Also note that if your PLC Staff Group is comprised entirely of District and School level users, there will not be any rostered students within the group. There must be at least one teacher-level user with rostered students in each PLC Staff Group to see student data.
- Once users make the appropriate selections from the onscreen drop down menus and click Refresh, they will see a table view list of staff. Specific staff members can be added to the group by clicking the checkbox to the left of their name. The Selected Staff number bubble updates as each new staff member is added to the group. When scrolling through a long list of staff, users can view a condensed list of the members already included in the group by clicking the Selected Staff tab.
Users must 1) enter a PLC Staff Group Name in the field that displays under the title of the page and 2) click the green Save button in the bottom-right corner of the page before navigating to the Selected Staff tab, otherwise a prompt will display, guiding users to enter a PLC group name and save the changes to the group.
- Similar to the Student Group and Course Group tabs, PLC Staff Groups can be managed using the Functions column icons. From left to right, the functions are Setup (gear icon), Copy (2 pages icon), Delete (trash can icon) and Rename (capital A icon).
- Bulk Functions can also be utilized to Copy or Delete multiple groups at once. First select the checkbox next to each desired PLC Staff Group in the table to proceed with applying a bulk function, then use the bulk operator Copy or Delete keys to make changes to one or more groups at once.
In addition to creating a PLC Staff Group from within the SUITE application by manually selecting from a list of staff members, users can also utilize the Upload Group button to 1) upload a new PLC Staff Group or 2) add users to an existing PLC Group.
Upon clicking Upload Group, users will see two options in the dropdown list:
1. Date File Template - Clicking this option will generate an excel template that users can use to enter their PLC groups into. Note, the file extension must be .txt document type.
- Note that when putting together your PLC Group data file, you may add multiple schools, courses, and additional staff, separated by a comma.
- The PLC Group data file template is comprised of the following column headers:
- PLC Name - Required
- LocalSchool ID - Required
- CourseID - Required
- AdditionalStaff - Optional
2. New Upload - Upon clicking this option, the Upload PLC Staff Group pop-up window will open, allowing users to import a .txt file to upload their PLC group members. Users should upload the template that they have downloaded.
- Once a PLC Staff group data file has been uploaded, users will be returned to the Manage Groups > PLC Staff Groups page, where they will see a "PLC Staff Group created successfully." confirmation message display.
Note, that the upload tool should be additive. This means that additional uploads with the same PLC name are possible. The additional users will be added to the PLC. Duplicated users will not be added.
Additionally, it's worth noting that once a group is uploaded, users may use the Setup icon under Functions to edit the group. Once a group is manually created, users may also upload additional users to the group by using the upload feature. The group will be mapped by the PLC group name.