This lesson will walk you through adding a Contingency Learning Plan for a student.
Where to Begin
On the Contingency Learning Plan Page select Create a new Contingency Learning Plan from within the gray sub-navigation bar just above the Student Ribbon.
Add the Basic Information
1. Enter/type the name of the provider(s) completing the Learning Contingency Plan.
2. Use the calendar feature or type in the date of the CLP Interview with parent(s)/guardian(s).
3. Enter the name(s) and email address(es) for the family that should be used for correspondence. Note: If email is not an option please note this in the text area.
4. Select Save to save your data.
Enter the Description of Student and Family Needs
1. Enter the student's area of eligibility and how this may impact distance learning. Be sure to look at the Continuity Plan for your district when considering impact as well.
2. Enter the technology option(s) that are available for the family to use. If there are none available, please note this as well. Please note if there is a preferred method such as email or phone calls, etc.
3. Enter the feedback provided by the family in regards to what learning modes (such as videos, online games/resources, paper pencil, workbooks, project based/hands on, etc.) that the family feels might work and any feedback around what works and does not work within the home in regards to getting them to engage in learning activities.
4. Select Save to save your data.
Enter the Contingency Learning Plan
1. Enter the essential skills of the student's IEP Goal(s)/Objectives that you will be focusing on during distance learning. Be sure to review the District's Continuity Plan, the student's IEP Goal(s)/Objectives and the methods/modes that are accessible for the parent(s)/guardian(s)/student. This will be translated to the following on the PDF: Essential Skills in regards to the student's IEP Goal(s) and Objectives/ Benchmarks:
2. Enter how progress towards goal(s)/objective(s) will be tracked. Please note that this may be a different mode than when school is in session or it might not available. Please be sure to review your district's Continuity Plan in regards to grading (or not grading) pass/fail, etc.
3. Enter the accommodation(s) and support(s) that will be provided in order for the student to access the District's Continuity Plan. What might be needed that is the same or different than when school is in session to allow them to access what the district is providing for materials/mode of learning?
4. Enter the provider's name, the program or service and the mode(s) of delivery. Please note time/frequency was NOT added as this may change based on the family needs, etc.
5. Select the white plus sign/green circle to add the provider, program/service and mode. Repeat steps four and five until all providers have been added.
6. Add any Additional Comments. This may includes any other activities or support(s) that may be provided. This could be specific to the district's Continuity Plan and/or something offered to all student's on your caseload, etc.
7. Use the Calendar Feature or enter the date that the Contingency Learning Plan (CLP) will begin. Note: This will become the Contingency Learning Plan Date on the CLP PDF..
8. Enter the mode of delivery of the CLP (this could be via mail, in-person, etc.)
9. Enter the date the CLP was or will be sent.
10. Enter the name of the person who has or will be sending the CLP to the parent(s)/guardian(s).
11. Select Save.