This lesson will guide the author of an assessment through adding Locked Features to a Flexible assessment. Locked Features allows the author to lockdown individual aspects of an assessment from all users except those specified.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Click View Assessments.
- Select the title of a Flexible assessment.
Access Locked Features
- Click the Advanced Settings gear.
- Click Locked Features.
Locked Features is only available to the author of the assessment.
- Select a user group to exclude from the locked features. This can be Roles, Sites, Grade Levels, Individual Users, etc.
- Specify which users in that user group will be excluded from the Locked Features.
- If the same set of Locked Features is used from assessment to assessment, they can be saved as presets. Use the dropdown to Load a saved preset.
- Click the arrow next to the area to update permissions for.
- Use the checkbox to select permissions. These permissions will be available for the selected user group only. All other permissions will be locked down for all other users.
- To save these Locked Permissions to use again on another assessment, click Save Preset.
- Click Apply to apply permissions to the assessment.
Repeat as needed for other user groups.
Manage Existing Locked Features
- Applied Locked Features will be noted by a number. Click the number to edit.
- Use the checkboxes to select permissions to remove.
- Click Remove.
Learn more about Flexible Assessment by visiting Advanced Flexible Assessment Settings.