This article will review a shortcut to Master Scheduling: Importing Live Schedule to Draft.
If the upcoming year's Master Schedule will look mostly the same, with very little changes, you can import a Live Schedule into a Draft to skip most of the prerequisites and schedule constraint settings.
In order to successfully import the previous year's Live Schedule into Draft, the following must be true:
- Rollover is completed (just like all other scheduling workflows)
- Timeblocks match from one year to the next (if even one timeblock is different, the import will fail)
- Term Types match from one year to the next (if the site ran as semesters last year and your new year runs in trimesters, the import will fail)
- Teacher Site & Role Affiliations should be rolled over so that sections are not orphaned
How do I Import?
Confirm your Control Panel is set to the Site and a date within the target session.
- Go to Scheduling > (Draft Schedule Mgmt) Draft Overview
2. Click on Select a Draft in the top menu > Import Live Schedule
- Enter a name for your Draft and select the Session you are wanting to Import From
- Click Import
Once you've successfully imported a live schedule into your Draft, your Draft Board will exist with the same placement of sections as the session you imported from. You will want to review and make any changes as needed. If no changes are necessary (meaning if all of your teachers are returning and teaching the same courses in the same timeblocks), you could proceed to Phase 5 - Mass and Manually Schedule Students.