This article provides common categories and columns for ISI data in Custom Reports.
Category: Students: Attendance by Session
- Gives year-to-date data (or full year/session data)
Category: Students: Attendance by Grading Period
- Pulls from the grading period filtered on (if a filter is added)
Category: Students: Attendance by Daily Records
- Works best with Elementary or in situations where attendance is only entered for one timeblock a day)
- Gives specific flags and dates, but it pulls Daily Records only, NOT Period/Classroom Attendance Flags
Category: Students: Attendance
- For Attendance Letter data
Attendance metadata for Custom Reporting is not filterable by specific flag type or flags themselves. It shows Attendance Categories, which is calculated on the backend. If the goal is to pull data/counts by specific attendance flags, it's recommended to use Search Records.
Category: Students: Behavior
- Most columns tie directly to the name of the field as seen on Behavior Incidents
- Can be used to pull basic parent portal information for ISI (not to be confused with Parent Portal category for DnA clients)
Category: Contacts - Basic
- Easiest and most common way to pull contact data
Category: Contacts - Advanced
- Can be used to pull more granular contact data not available from Contacts - Basic
Contacts - Advanced and Contacts - Basic categories do not mix well with each other. If you find you are getting duplicate and/or inaccurate data and you have columns from both of these categories, it is advised to pick one category and remove the columns from the 2nd category to clean up the report.
Category: Students: Counselor Logs
- Most columns tie directly to the name of the field as seen on the Counselor Logs page
Category: Students: Enrollment by Session
- Most recommended option when using more advanced options in your report, such as Grouping
Category: Students: Enrollment by Term
- The default category pulled from when building a report using Search 2.0
- Will reflect term data (as seen on Term Manager), especially term start dates and term end dates. Grouping when pulling from this category may result in duplication when there are multiple terms in a session
If the Custom Report is meant to show all students enrolled within the academic year, be sure to add and filter on the Academic Year column. If the year is 2019-2020, that translates to 2020 as the academic year.
If the Custom Report is meant to pull studnets who are currently enrolled as of today's true date, add and filter on Enrollment is Current? column.
Category: Students: Transcripts
- Can pull metadata for Secondary Final Grades
- Category: Students: GPA
When pulling columns from Students: Transcripts into a Custom Report, do not pull in columns from Class Rosters as the data conflicts with each other and may result exponential results per student.
Category: Students: Health
- Most columns tie directly to the name of the field as seen on the Student Health Profile page
Category: Students: Language/EL
- Most columns tie directly to the name of the field as seen on the Language Details page
Scheduling or Rostering Data
Category: Class Rosters
- This is the best way to get Teacher Name, Homeroom Teacher, or Roster data for a specific Timeblock/Period if the Period Name or Period Number columns are added and filtered on
- It is recommended to add Academic Year (if the goal is to filter for a specific year's roster) or Roster is Current? if wanting the current schedule data for students. Otherwise, Class Rosters category is designed to pull all historical roster data in ISI.
When pulling columns from Class Rosters into a Custom Report, do not pull in columns from Students: Transcripts as the data conflicts with each other and may result in exponential results per student.
If you want to filter for a specific teacher's roster or see students' teachers in your Custom Report, you'll also need to add the Teacher Last Name from the Teachers/Users category.
If filtering on the Period is Homeroom? column, verify Timeblock Management has has a timeblock designated as Homeroom = Yes.
Category: Students: Special Ed
- Most columns will tie directly to the name of the field on Special Education Details page
Category: Students: Demographics
- Most columns will tie directly to the name of the field on the Student Demographic Details page
Demographic data is not academic year-specific, so these columns will pull the data visible on the Demographic Details page. For ISI clients, it is advised to pull Contact data from one of the Contacts categories mentioned above.
Category: Student Programs
- For any non-lunch program
Category: Student Lunch Programs
- For lunch programs
If trying to pull historical programs, the columns for Start Date and End Date must be pulled in and filtered on. Using is Current? is looking at whether the program is current as of today's true date.
Category: Students: Transfers
- This pulls Transfer Details data (also known as District of Residence)