The Education Personnel Information Management System (EPIMS) collects demographic data and work assignment information on individual public school educators.
Every end of the school year when EPIMS is due, an administrator from the district will need to contact Illuminate support (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to have the export ready.
A reminder that the EPIMS export must be done before any rollover can commence and once the district has been rolled over, the EPIMS data is cleared in order for the new school year's data.
When will my EPIMS report be ready in IO?
When users have completed their Formative and Summative evaluations please notify email@example.com that you are ready to export your EPIMS file. At that time, we will complete the configuration and notify you when it’s ready. This process cannot be completed automatically, because each district’s templates and forms are different.
How do I export my EPIMS file out of IO?
District Admins have ability to export an EPIMS file out of IO. Once your EPIMS export has been set-up, to export, go to Settings> Import/Export > select the EPIMS button.
What fields will the EPIMS export contain?
EPIMS export contains the fields:
- StaffID, StaffStateID, LastName, FirstName
- SR28 District Level Educator’s Professional Teacher Status Educator’s current professional teacher status as determined by district policies.
- SR29 Overall Annual Summative Evaluation or Formative Evaluation Rating Educator’s current school year overall Summative Evaluation rating or Formative Evaluation rating.
- SR30 Standard (1) Evaluation Rating Educator’s current school year evaluation rating on Standard (1).
- SR31 Standard (2) Evaluation Rating Educator’s current school year evaluation rating on Standard (2). Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Page 6 EPIMS Data Handbook — 8.0 08/04/2017 List of Data Elements
- SR32 Standard (3) Evaluation Rating Educator’s current school year evaluation rating on Standard (3). SR33 Standard (4) Evaluation Rating Educator’s current school year evaluation rating on Standard (4).
- SR34 Discontinued
- SR35 Discontinued
The fields SR34 and SR35 is always going to default to 99 due to these fields no longer being tracked.
August 6th is the last day to submit End of the Year EPIMS scores to the Massasachussets DOE so the latest date we will accept EPIMS requests is July 30th to ensure that we can have the export ready for you.
Once this is done we can begin the process for rolling over to the new school year.