This lesson will guide you through automatically enabling passage and question Text-to -Speech for selected students on all Item Bank Assessments. This setting overwrites any roster settings and will stick with students after a setting has been enabled.
Required Permission: Student Online Testing Tools Manager
Where to Start
- Go to Students.
- Select Student Online Testing Tools Manager.
- Use the Scope Selector to search for students.
- Use View Type to find students with or without accommodations enabled.
- Select Run.
- Students with Text-to-Speech already enabled show a blue checkmark in the Text-to-Speech column.
- Select the checkbox next to a student's name and grade to enable a setting.
- Use the Select All checkbox to enable for all students (if there are multiple pages, all students on subsequent pages are selected).
- Select Apply to enable the online testing tool.
Text-to-Speech applies to both passage and question parts of an item.
A confirmation appears to verify student accommodations have been applied.
Only need to apply Text-to-Speech for a single assessment? Visit Enabling Text to Speech for Online Testing.