In this lesson, you will learn how to link Illuminate assessments to your Buzz account. If you are unsure if this is for you, contact your System Administrator.
How LTI Works
It's important to understand how LTI works, and what it does and does not provide. Illuminate is an LTI tool provider, which means that LTI tool consumers - including Buzz - can create Illuminate assessments as assignments within their systems. These assignments are then seen by students in Buzz, who can then open either an iFrame or a new tab, automatically signing them into Illuminate to take the assessments. A single, final score is passed back (LTI does not support standards-based scores).
There are several requirements for LTI to work:
- a tool consumer that supports LTI, which is set up with Illuminate credentials, and configured to pass back grades
- matching student and teacher email addresses in both Buzz and DnA
- a workflow that starts with the student clicking into the assignment from Buzz
This last requirement is important. For a grade to be pushed back to Buzz, the student must have first clicked into the DnA assessment from Buzz. As such, assessments taken by students who navigated directly into Illuminate cannot have their grades pushed over after the fact.
Where to Start
- Select Administration Options or the gear icon.
- Under Other, select LTI Integrations.
- Use the copy icon to copy the information onto your clipboard.
- You can Generate a New Secret key if needed.
This is the information you will need to provide the selected LMS in order to complete the integration.
Online Testing Tools for your teachers have many opportunities to help students across your organization! Take a look at Online Testing for Teachers to see how to get started.