This lesson guides users through notifying student contacts about a missing assignment in a gradebook to promote student performance and keep parents or guardians informed about their student.
Student contact information with an email address is required to use this feature. DnA districts must import the contacts.txt file to have contact data.
Required Permission: Missing Assignments Notifications
Where to Start
- Go to GradeBook.
- Select the desired GradeBook name from the list.
Access Missing Assignment Notifications
- Go to Assignments.
- Select Missing Assignment Notifications.
- Details of the assignment and the student missing the assignment are available in the table. The contact listed is the contact that will be notified via email.
- Select Send to notify the Contact of the missing assignment listed.
- Select Send All to mass send notifications to all contacts for all students missing assignments.
Select Yes to verify a notification should be sent to the desired contact(s). A confirmation message will appear when notifications have been sent.
To learn more about gradebook assignments, visit Assignments and Scoring.