In this lesson, you will learn how to link Illuminate assessments to your Blackboard account. If you are unsure if this is for you, contact your System Administrator.
How LTI Works
It's important to understand how LTI works, and what it does and does not provide. Illuminate is an LTI tool provider, which means that LTI tool consumers - including Blackboard - can create Illuminate assessments as assignments within their systems. These assignments are then seen by students in Blackboard, who can then open either an existing or a new tab, automatically signing them into Illuminate to take the assessments. A single, final score is passed back (LTI does not support standards-based scores).
There are several requirements for LTI to work:
- a tool consumer that supports LTI, which is set up with Illuminate credentials, and configured to pass back grades
- matching student and teacher email addresses in both Blackboard and DnA
- a workflow that starts with the student clicking into the assignment from Blackboard
This last requirement is important. For a grade to be pushed back to Blackboard, the student must have first clicked into the DnA assessment from Blackboard. As such, assessments taken by students who navigated directly into Illuminate cannot have their grades pushed over after the fact.
Where to Start
- Select Administration Options or the gear icon.
- Under Other, select LTI Integrations.
Online Testing Tools for your teachers have many opportunities to help students across your organization! Take a look at Online Testing for Teachers to see how to get started.