This lesson provides answers to common questions related to Work-based Learning (WBLR) Extract.
What is WBLR?
WBLR refers to the Work-based Learning file for End of Year submissions.
For guidance on what LEAs are expected to report, please contact CALPADS or visit the CALPADS site.
For data to generate into the WBLR Extract, go to Students > (General) Work-based Learning Data:
To create a Work-based Learning Program, fill in the fields and click Add:
Illuminate has added the appropriate codes for all California ISI clients. Please contact Illuminate Support if you find you are missing codes. For questions around what codes should be entered for students, contact CALPADS.
Generating File for Submission:
Where to Start
- Click on Reports
- Under Admin, select State Reporting
- Once on the State Reporting Tools page, select CALPADS Work-based Learning (WBLR) Extract
Please note that the order seen on the above screenshot may be different than the order of reports, extracts, and tools available in your list.
- Validation Logs: These are logs predicting potential errors with the WBLR submission. A validation log will automatically be created each time the "Generate Report" button is selected and will show a date and timestamp. Validations reference the logic mentioned in the Data Entry area of this document.
- View as Standard Report: This option will let you run the report like you would any custom/prebuilt report in Illuminate.
- Academic Year: This extract should be run for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Generate Report: Clicking this will run the tool to show data.
- Download Options: The results can be downloaded as Excel, PDF, Tab Delimited, or More formats.
The Work-based Learning (WBLR) Extract will only pull students in grades 9-12.
Downloading WBLR for CALPADS Submission
Once you've generated data, select More and then click on the radial option next to CALPADS for the appropriate format to submit and then click Download.
For questions on how you should report student data or which codes to use, contact CALPADS.