This lesson will guide the author of an assessment through adding Locked Features to a Flexible or New Item Bank assessment. Locked Features allows the author to lockdown individual aspects of an assessment from all users except those specified.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Click View Assessments.
- Select the title of a Flexible or New Item Bank assessment.
Access Locked Features
- Click the Advanced Settings gear.
- Click Locked Features.
Locked Features is only available to the author of the assessment.
- Select a user group to exclude from the locked features. This can be Roles, Sites, Grade Levels, Individual Users, etc.
- Specify which users in that user group will be excluded from the Locked Features.
- If the same set of Locked Features is used from assessment to assessment, they can be saved as presets. Use the dropdown to Load a saved preset.
- Click the arrow next to the area to update permissions for.
- Use the checkbox to select permissions. These permissions will be available for the selected user group only. All other permissions will be locked down for all other users.
- To save these Locked Permissions to use again on another assessment, click Save Preset.
- Click Apply to apply permissions to the assessment.
Repeat as needed for other user groups.
Not all Locked Features are available for New Item Bank assessments, such as 'Edit answer choice' because changing the answer choice can only be done within the Item Bank.
Manage Existing Locked Features
- Applied Locked Features will be noted by a number. Click the number to edit.
- Use the checkboxes to select permissions to remove.
- Click Remove.
Learn more about Flexible Assessment by visiting Advanced Flexible Assessment Settings.