After an item have been published, authors have the ability to make updates, or revisions, to the item. Revisions may be needed to fix spelling or grammatical errors, question answers, or adding standards and tags for reporting. This lesson guides users through making revisions to items.
Item revisions are not pushed to any assessment that at least one student that has started the assessment.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Select Browse Item Bank.
Access the Item
- Use the My Items filter to quickly access items that can be revised. Only the author of an item can make revisions to it.
- If an item is being used in an assessment already, an Item In Use tag appears on the item. If the assessment the item is on already has students in progress on the assessment, revisions do not push to that assessment.
- To make a revision, select the three-dot icon.
- Select Edit Item.
Make any needed revisions to the item. This may include linking passages, standards, tags, fixing grammatical/spelling errors, correct answers, rubrics, and updating other item settings. When all edits have been made:
- Select Done.
- Select Publish to update the existing item. This includes pushing updates to assessment the item has been linked to.
- Select New to publish the updates as a brand new item. Future assessments will use this version of the item but any assessments the item is on are not updated.
- Select Discard to discard the item revisions that were currently made.
To learn more about the New Item Bank, visit the New Item Bank Assessments manual.