Student and Instructor booklets can be generated for New Item Bank Assessments. This allows users to generate a physical copy of an assessment for students, or a physical answer key for instructors. Booklets generate for Evidence Based Selected Response, Multiple Choice, Multiple Select, Explicit Constructed Response, Math Equation Response, Inline Dropdown, Hot Text, and Constructed Response questions.
Before you Begin
This lesson starts assuming you have already created a New Item Bank Assessment. For more information on creating assessments, visit Creating a NEW Item Bank Assessment.
Where to Start
- Go to Assessments.
- Select View Assessments.
- Select the desired New Item Bank assessment from the list.
If the assessment is not published, go to the Draft Item Bank tab within View Assessments. All unpublished Item Bank assessments appear under this tab.
Generate a Booklet
- Select View to access the assessment questions OR select the printer icon to immediately open the print options.
- Select the printer icon to generate a booklet preview.
By default, the settings open:
- Determine if the Print Mode is Instructor or Student. The Instructor booklet contains the correct answers.
- Select a Layout of Two Columns or One Column. Two Columns places questions side by side on a single page, while One Column places the questions under each other going down the page.
- Select the Choice Spacing. Options include Small, Medium, and Large. This setting determines the amount of space between each available answer choice (A, B, C, D).
- Choose the Font Size. This is the size of all text within the Booklet. Options include Tiny (8pt), Small (10pt), Med (12pt), L (14pt), and XL (16pt).
- Response Area is only available when Constructed Response items appear on the assessment. Use the menu to select Show or Hide as is relates to making a space available for students to write in.
- Select the booklet space in gray to close the settings.
Review and Print a Booklet
- The assessment questions appear on the page. Depending on the length of the assessment, scroll down to see additional questions. The Instructor booklet displays the correct answers in green.
- The Instructor booklet also contains the Item IDs in the event the items need to be searched for feedback needs to be provided on the specific item.
- If the selected settings meet expectations, select Print.
- To update the settings, select the horizontal line menu.
If an item that is not compatible with print, an alert appears at the top of the booklet to state there are unsupported items on the assessment. The item is replaced with the statement "This item is not printable".
- Printer setting appear. Make updates as needed, such as the print location, number of copies, etc.
- Select Print when ready to print copies of the assessment.
If administering the assessment via paper/pencil, Print Answer Sheets for an Assessment.