Vendor Code Maps are a way to map existing codes from your Student Information System to specific codes required by other vendors. This allows organizations to maintain all existing codes within their SIS and DnA, but still send information to other parties that have code requirements, such as FastBridge or Ed-Fi. This lesson guides users through adding Vendor Code Maps via Code Management.
This lesson begins assuming that an API has already been setup with the necessary party. Please contact your Customer Success Manager for more information.
Where to Start
- Go to the Admin Gear.
- Select Code Management.
Access Vendor Code Maps
- Use the menu to search for a Code Table.
- Select Load to view the existing codes.
- Select Vendor Code Maps.
If Vendor Code Maps are used to send race/ethnicity data to FastBridge, there is additional logic in FastBridge that determines the value that displays as Race/Ethnicity.
For instance, if Hispanic/Latino is set to "Yes" in DnA, the student’s Race/Ethnicity in FastBridge displays as Hispanic/Latino, regardless of any other values in the ethnicity fields. If at least two ethnicity fields are populated in DnA, FastBridge will display "Multi-Racial". If only one ethnicity field is populated, that value displays in FastBridge.
Add Vendor Code Maps
- All existing codes appear in the table. To Edit, View, or Delete a code, make the applicable selection next to each code.
- To create a new code, select Add.
- Choose an existing Code from the dropdown menu. If you find a code is missing, visit Code Management to learn more about adding codes to Code Management.
- Choose the Vendor which the codes are being mapped to.
- Enter the Vendor Code. This is the code the Vendor is expecting for their system. Codes must match exactly for data to be sent from DnA to the Vendor.
- Select Submit to add the code to the table.
If the code does not match exactly what the vendor is expecting, the field will appear NULL within the vendor's system.
Want to learn more about vendors we integrate with? Visit Integrations Overview for more information.