This lesson describes how to add a MMSE REED and the required fields for use of the METs.
This lesson requires that you have selected a student and are viewing a single student's record. If you are unsure how to locate a student, see the "Find a Student" lesson in the Students manual for help. To create a MMSE REED, please open the Special Ed tab and select MMSE REED.
NOTE: Permissions available for the MMSE REED live under Focus Evaluation (MMSE)
1. Click Special Services.
2. Click MMSE REED.
1. Select the reason for the MMSE REED from the provided list.
2. If Initial is selected, enter the referral source (e.g., Head Start, Early On Coordinator Mrs. Caring, Dr. Smith, etc.) in the Who referred this child? field.
1. In the Service Coordinator field enter the name of the service coordinator.
2. In the Lead Agency Representative field enter the name of the representative.
3. In Special Education Teacher/Provider field enter the name of the special education teacher/provider.
4. In the MET Representative field enter the name of the person able to explain the instructional implication of any evaluations. NOTE: This may be the same person as the Special Education Teacher/Provider.
5. If other knowledgeable individuals are involved, select the individual's role from the drop down and enter his/her name to the right. Click the user's name to add him/her as a knowledgeable individual. The User Other Role option will allow a person not registered in Illuminate to be added to the MMSE REED. However, s/he will not show up as a knowledgeable individual on the MET Page in the MMSE REED process.
Note 1: To remove the added individual simply click on the Red Minus Icon next to the individual's name. Repeat Step 5 until all knowledgeable individuals are added.
Note 2: The Student and Parent/Guardian(s) fields will be automatically populated by default. If the Parent/Guardian(s) field is blank contact your district administrator to link the student to a legal parent/guardian in Student Contacts.
Note 3: All knowledgeable individuals must be tied to individuals registered in the Illuminate Special Education system in order to have them show up on the MET Page in the process. This is to ensure that clean correct data is being entered. If the system cannot find the individual you are searching for:
-Check to make sure the name is spelled correctly.
-If you still cannot locate the individual, contact your district administrator to ensure that the user you are trying to locate has been registered in the system.
After clicking Save the system will inform you of any errors. Make any corrections (e.g., Evaluation Plan Date is a required field) and click Save when finished.
NOTE: Data will ONLY be saved when all errors have been corrected. Upon successful save, a green box indicating Data saved successfully will appear.
You are now ready to enter Present Level information related to this referral. To proceed, click on the Present Level tab.
For more information on how to enter Present Level information see the, "Enter Present Level Information for a MMSE REED" lesson in the "MMSE REED" manual.