This lesson describes how to indicate need for a MET.
This lesson requires that you have selected a student and are viewing a single student's record. If you are unsure how to locate a student, see the Find a Student lesson in the Students manual for help.
This lesson also requires that a referral has been created for the selected student. For information on how to create a MMSE REED, see the Add a MMSE REED for MET Documentation lesson in this manual.
Select "The Michigan Mandatory Special Education Team has determined that no additional information or evaluation data is required for MMSE initial/continued eligibility."
NOTE: This will require an explanation of why no additional data is needed and provide options for additional assessment that may be requested by the student's parents or Early On Staff.
1. Select YES in response to Require a MET even if no further evaluation data is required for continued eligibility?
2. Enter in a rational as to why no further evaluation is required.
1. Select the Evaluation Area using the Dropdown.
2. Select the Role of the Evaluator.
3. Select the Evaluator's name by beginning to type and selecting their name from the dropdown.
4. Add any comments.
5. Select Plus Sign to Add the Evaluation Information.
Repeats steps 1-5 until all evaluation information has been added.
NOTE: Once you select the Plus Sign you cannot edit the Evaluation Row. You will need to delete and add the information back again. This is meant to ensure that no adjustments are made that do not reflect what was provided to the families.
After all Plan information has been added, click any of the Save buttons to save the Plan.
Note: Review the plan to ensure that all information is correct. If all information is correct, proceed to "Next Steps."
1. Upon successful save, a green box indicating Data saved successfully will appear.
2. After you are finished creating the plan you are ready to move on to MET Tab. To proceed, click on the MET tab in the Sub-navigation Toolbar.
Note: Please refer to the "MET" section in the "MMSE REED for MET Documentation" manual for more information on how to input Key Dates.