Predictive Data is a brave new world for most educators. Let's review a few guiding principles for using an M-step prediction:
- Use in conjunction with other data points
- Use to identify students for diagnostic assessments
- Use to provide high-level predictions to executive leadership
- Use to deploy resources and professional development to classrooms and sites
Don’t Do This:
- Place students in intervention based solely on the prediction
- Use for grading, report cards, or SpEd identification
- Use for program or teacher evaluation
- Deploy without clear messaging
Remember that this is a predictive value based on partner assessments (Dibels, NWEA, iReady). The source assessments provide more diagnostic and/or skill level data to inform instruction. The predictive data is valuable as a call-to-action or a tool for progress monitoring
Illuminate is exploring the most impactful ways to use this data. We’re glad to have you as our partner in this beta study. Post your questions and share your ideas below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.